General purpose links
- Metamorphic petrology
- Atlas of Igneous and Metamorphic Rocks, Minerals and Textures
- Geochemistry Web Links A variety of links to geochemistry, mineralogy and petrology.
- How phase equilibrium works.
Regional geology information
Links to software
- Mineralogical Society of America Software links Software, mostly thermodynamics and phase diagrams.
- MELTS thermodynamic modeling software for magmas.
- Thermocalc thermodynamic modeling software especially for metamorphic rocks.
- Perple_X thermodynamic modeling software especially for metamorphic rocks.
- KWare software generally related to plutonic and volcanic rock calculations and modeling.
Mineralogy information, including thin sections (note Image Libraries on this site)
- Mineralogy Database, lots of information including some useful for thin sections.
- Another mineralogy database, about the same information but in a different format.
- Minerals under the microscope, microscope use, observing optical properties.
- Meteorite petrology and geochemistry.
Geochemical data sets
- EarthChem portal Access to multiple igneous petrologic data sets.
- Periodic Table - WebElements Periodic table with a database of many element characteristics.
- PETDB database of mostly ocean floor basalts.
- NAVDAT database of igneous rocks in western North America.
- GEOROC database of continental and oceanic rocks.
- SDBP (Data Bases in Petrology) On-line and Microsoft Access data sets for igneous and sedimentary rocks.
- EARTHREF database access for many aspects of earth geochemistry.
- See the Shaffer Library resources, which include numerous geological journals.
Other geochemical information
- Geokem Extensive explanations of igneous rock petrology and geochemistry.