The Picotrace digestion system is manufactured in Germany for digestion of a wide variety of geological and other materials in acid. It consists of a Teflon-coated hot plate, a hot plate controller, and two digestion block blocks which can hold a total of 32 Teflon pressure vessels.
- Standard procedure for rock dissolution
- Controller temperature programs
- Having trouble maintaining the right vessel temperature?
- What kind of Teflon spray is best?
- Can this system dissolve zircons?
- Personal comments on the system
- Temperature curves: hot plate vs. the sample block.
- What if there is residue after dissolution?
Preparing samples? Here is a schematic of the 32 sample vessels to keep track of your work.